CS 5513 - Advance Multimedia Systems: Fundamentals of Multimedia ApplicationsCredit Hours: 3 + 0 | Course Level: Graduate
The aim of this course is to help students develop an understanding of the fundamental principles of multimedia systems and how they are being developed and applied. The course will explain the technologies underlying digital images, videos and audio contents, including various compression techniques and standards, and the issues to deliver multimedia content over the Internet.
- Fundamentals of multimedia, media and data streams, sound/audio, image, graphics, video and animation.
- Topics in data compression including coding requirements, source, entropy, and hybrid coding, JPEG, H.261 (px64), MPEG, MP3 and etc.
- Multimedia applications including digital libraries, system software, toolkits, conferencing paradigms, structured interaction support, and examples from video/audio/graphics conferencing.
- Latest Web technologies, such as XML, X3D and Semantic Web.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the concepts of multimedia systems
- Apply theories and principles to multimedia design
- Use various multimedia tools
- Design and create interactive multimedia based applications
- Work together to set and meet team goals, share information and reconcile differences of opinion when they occur.
By: Nigel Chapman and Jenny Chapman
|# MSS0901||Introduction to Multimedia Systems||Applications of Multimedia||MSS0901.pdf|
|# MSS0902||Enabling Technologies||Media Types, Digital Technology, Sampling and Quantization||MSS0902.pdf|
|# MSS0903||Sound and Audio||Nature of Sound, Store Audio, Sound Editing, MIDI||MSS0903.pdf|
|# MSS0904||Images and Graphics||Digital Images, Depth and Resolution, Bitmap File Formats||MSS0904.pdf|
|# MSS0905||Bitmap Image Formats||GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG||MSS0905.pdf|
|# MSS0906||Vector Graphics||Vector Primitives, Bezier Curves, Transformations, File Formats||MSS0906.pdf|
|# MSS0907||Scalable Vector Graphics - SVG||SVG Primitives, Gradients and Filters||MSS0907.pdf|
|# MSS0908||Colors in Images and Video||Color Space and Depth, Color Models||MSS0908.pdf|
|# MSS0909||Video||Progressive and Interlaced Scanning, Aspect Ratio||MSS0909.pdf|
|# MSS0910||Animation||Cel Animation, Sprite Animation, Key Frame Animation, Motion Tweening||MSS0910.pdf|
|# MSS0911||Multimedia Application Development||MAD Classes, Types and Components of Multimedia Systems||MSS0911.pdf|