CS 404 - Computer Game Design: Using Unity3DCredit Hours: 2 + 1 | Course Level: Undergrad
You have a great idea for a game. Turning that idea into a reality doesn't just about know the tools. In this course, student will practice moving from game concept through design documentation, prototyping and testing. Numerous elements go into the overall process of game design. These range from topics such as idea generation, story, character, and game world development, game mechanics & level design, and user experience design. By the end of this course, students will not only understand how games are made, but they will have completed three game projects and have the knowledge, skills, tools and resources to start making their own games in Unity3D.
- Create Unity3D projects from start to finish using a variety of graphical and audio assets and a library of scripts.
- Understand the concepts of physics, health and damage, pickups, enemies, spawners, a user interface, and a variety of visual and audio effects.
- Build a first person shooter game, called Box Shooter.
- Create a "High Concept" document for their game.
- Develop their own game idea leveraging the "Design | Play | Experience" (DPE) model and work to understand your role as game designer.
- Introduction of Game Design and Development, Creating & Integrating Assets
- Develop Solar System Simulation and first game "Roller Madness"
- Develop Game Play in Box Shooter Game Design Process and Fleshing out a Game Design
- From Idea to Implementation, Game Balance and Making Designs Better
Game Design and Development
By: Michigan State University
|# GDESS1801||Introduction to Game Design and Development||Game Development Overview||GDESS1801.pdf|
|# GDESS1802||Introduction to Game Design and Development||Introduction to Unity3D||GDESS1802.pdf|
|# GDESS1803||Creating and Integrating Assets||Game Graphics Concepts||GDESS1803.pdf|
|# GDESS1804||Creating and Integrating Assets||Audio Concepts & The Assets Pipeline||GDESS1804.pdf|
|# GDESS1805||Project 01: Solar System Simulation||Setting Up the Solar System Simulation||GDESS1805.pdf|
|# GDESS1806||Project 01: Solar System Simulation||Materials, Lighting, and Audio||GDESS1806.pdf|
|# GDESS1807||Project 01: Solar System Simulation||Cameras, Build & Deploy||GDESS1807.pdf|
|# GDESS1808||Project 02: Roller Madness||Setting Up the Game||GDESS1808.pdf|
|# GDESS1809||Project 02: Roller Madness||Physics, Player Control, and Health & Damage||GDESS1809.pdf|
|# GDESS1810||Project 02: Roller Madness||Pickups, UI, Game Manager, and Enemies||GDESS1810.pdf|